This FAQ section has been designed to help with our most popular questions.
If you have a question that isn't covered, please get in touch via the Live Chat, send us an email or call us - we're here to help.
- Shipping: We aim to ship all orders within 18 hours of receipt - Monday to Friday. By default, shipping on orders of £50.00 or over is FREE in the UK and is sent using a two-day courier service via DPD. This is a fully insured and tracked service, with a 1-hour delivery slot. Delivery can be upgraded to next-working-day if needed during the checkout (Mon-Thurs). Saturday delivery is also available if ordered before 2PM on Friday (excluding public holidays).
- International Shipping: International shipping is displayed during the checkout. Enter your full address and pricing will be visible. If your country isn't listed, please get in touch for a custom quote.
- Adding to existing orders: If your order has been marked as dispatched or fulfilled and you wish to add further items to it, there is an 'add-to-order' fee of £2.00. This is to cover staff and packaging costs to alter your order.
- Discount Codes: Our discount codes do not (unless specified) offer further discounts off Special Offer products. If you apply a discount code to a basket of products which includes special offer products you may get an error to say: "This coupon cannot be used with these items..." To solve this, simply remove the special offer products, then apply the discount code, then re-add the special offer products and your discount will be applied to the non special offer products.
- PCI Compliance: Clean and Shiny UK Ltd. is fully compliant with all Data Security Standards. Credit/Debit card payments made through our website are handled by Stripe, which is a PCI Level 1 service provider. Level 1 is the most stringent level of certification available in the payment industry. Every page on the Clean and Shiny website is also secured by the latest SSL encryption (look for the green padlock or URL strip on your web browser).
- Sponsorship: Clean and Shiny opens up sponsorship applications at the beginning of every car show season. 2017's sponsored cars have now been chosen, thank you to everybody that applied - there were hundreds of you!
- Trade Accounts: We are happy to support detailers operating on a professional basis. We ask that you are a member of the Professional Valeters and Detailers Association, have Public Liability Insurance and have a website showcasing your work and any accreditations you have been awarded. For full terms and conditions and to apply, please visit the Trade Section.
- Detailing Services: Clean and Shiny are proud to offer a range of detailing services, from maintenance washes to full new-car protection details. Please visit our detailing website for more information: www.cleanandshinydetailing.co.uk
- What does 'pH Neutral' mean? You'll see "pH neutral" written on a number of product descriptions, mainly on Snow Foams and Shampoos. 'pH neutral' means a product is neither alkaline nor acidic; it's smack-bang in the middle of the pH scale. Simply put, it will not strip off any wax or sealant protective layers, making it perfect for maintenance washes or detailing processes where a pH neutral product is required.
- How do I know if my vehicle has a ceramic coating? If you don't have any paperwork or receipts that would suggest a ceramic coating has been installed, the only other way to tell is visually. Ceramic coatings, by default, repel scratches and swirls. If your vehicle has a ceramic coating it's very likely that you should have swirl-free paint. Additionally, if you've just acquired the vehicle, we will always suggest to double-check with the previous owner if you're still not sure.
More FAQ items will be added soon.
The Clean + Shiny Team.