We've put together this list of microfiber care instructions to help you get the most out of your towels, cloths, applicators, mitts and other microfiber products.
These tips are not limited to products manufactured by The Rag Company, they can be applied to any microfiber product that you have.
Microfiber towels, cloths, applicators and mitts should be:
- Washed prior to first use.
- Hand or machine washed with a mild liquid detergent (free of dyes, fragrances, bleach and softeners).
- Air dried by hanging on a dedicated rack, or tumble dried low. Do not iron.
- Washed without the use of any fabric softener as this clogs the microfibers and reduces performance.
- Washed without the use of chlorine bleach. Wash only with other non-linting materials (no cotton) to maintain proper microfibre dirt-gripping properties.
- Washed with like-colours, meaning newer black, orange, red and other dark coloured towels should be washed separately from lighter coloured towels. This is to reduce the risk of dye bleeding.
- Separated depending on their use - so if you've used some towels for wheels, wash them together. If you've got a range of towels used for your paint, wash those together. This way you avoid the risk of cross-contamination.
If you need any further help, feel free to get in touch, we're here to help.
The Clean + Shiny Team.