Introducing Bilt Hamber TOUCH-LESS 1 Litre!
This is a sugar-based, biodegradable snow foam pre-wash.
Bilt Hamber recently made a chemical discovery that has allowed them to increase the strength of TOUCH-LESS by over 100%, doubling the concentration, whilst improving performance and decreasing the pH from ~12 to around 10.5 neat.
TOUCH-LESS will therefore allow users to use half the amount of product to provide cleaning unmatched by any snow foam or pre-wash of any kind.
Bilt Hamber recommends using their Panel Impact Ratio (PIR) system to work out the exact amount of TOUCH-LESS required to get the best results. This is based around percentages: 0.5% for maintenance, up to 2% for very dirty vehicles.
The aim is to work out the real-world flow rate of your pressure washer. You'll only need to do the following once.
Take notes on how much water goes through your specific pressure washer and the corresponding dilution ratio/amount of product you need to measure out.
For snow foam lances:
- Fill the reservoir up to capacity with plain water.
- Turn the dilution knob to maximum ('thickest' foam).
- Discharge the lance into a bucket, watching the reservoir until empty.
- When the reservoir is empty, stop.
- Now you'll need a measuring jug.
- For 2% dilution (very dirty vehicles), measure the amount of water in your bucket and multiply this number by 0.02. For example, if the total amount of water used is 10000ml (10L), you would need 200ml of TOUCH-LESS.
- For maintenance washes, multiply the total amount of water used by 0.005. 10000ml takes you to 50ml of TOUCH-LESS.
- Re-fill the reservoir with water and the correct amount of TOUCH-LESS. Shake for a few moments and you're ready to go.
- You can of course experiment with dilution ratios and the effect TOUCH-LESS has on your vehicle.
- If you need to buy a snow foam lance, view them here
For trigger and pump sprayers:
- Foam generation isn't important for TOUCH-LESS to work, so you can confidently use it in a non-foaming IK sprayer or similar.
- Simply dilute your sprayer's reservoir capacity by 0.005 up to 0.02.
- For example, a 1-Litre sprayer used on a very dirty vehicle would need 20ml of TOUCH-LESS added to its water.
- Shake for a few moments and you're ready to spray.
- Allow to soak for 1-5minutes - never allow TOUCH-LESS to dry.
- Pressure-washing off is recommended to remove as much contamination as possible.
- If you need to buy a trigger or pump sprayer, view them here
- It's not necessary to use all of your mixture in one wash. One litre of diluted TOUCH-LESS can last 4-5 washes - depending on vehicle size!
- Apply to cool panels, ideally in shaded conditions.
- Do not allow to dry.
- Ensure lances and spray bottles/triggers are kept clean.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us.
The Clean + Shiny Team.