Gtechniq P1 Nano Composite Polish 500ml
Gtechniq P1 is a one-step, mild swirl-remover for use by hand or machine.
Due to advancements in nano-technology, P1 works faster with less effort than traditional compound abrasives.
Because P1 has virtually no lubricant, a P1 finish doesn't suffer "drop back". This is where the lubricants in a traditional polish hide minor imperfections, typically micro scratches in the polished surface, only for them to be revealed after the lubricants have washed off. With P1 what you see is what you get.
Smaller active particle size means the surface doesn't heat up nearly as much as with conventional abrasives. This means much less likelihood of burning through paint and it also means you can make several passes over the same area to remove stubborn scratches, without fear of over polishing.
How do I get the best from this product?
- P1 is very versatile. You can use it by hand, with a random orbital or with a rotary polisher.
- By hand, use a Tri-Foam applicator; white side for normal paints, black side for softer paints. Work in smaller areas at a time, allow P1 to break down until you see residue start to form, then buff off with a quality microfibre towel.
- For the fastest and best results, we recommend a Rotary or Dual Action polisher. Many beginners fear using a rotary due to horror stories about burning through paint. With P1 you actually have to try pretty hard to burn your paint. So as long as you are a reasonably "hands on" kind of person you will have no issues with P1 and a rotary.
- A Dual Action polisher offers a further 'safety net', as any heat is dissipated better, reducing the chance of 'burn through'.
- We recommend using a medium polishing pad with your DA or rotary machine.
Pack contents: 1x Gtechniq P1 Nano Composite Polish 500ml