Here's our quick tips for removing dirty water spots and other water marks from your car's paintwork after summer rain.
With hot weather comes the inevitable rainfall afterwards. This rain often contains dust and particles that, when dry, can leave marks all over your car.
Here's one of the best processes to remove these watermarks and residue, without harming your paintwork:
- Use a pressure washer (at home or at a public car wash) to rinse and remove initial dust and residue.
- Use a spray-on prewash solution, or a snow foam through a foam lance.
- Allow these solutions to dwell before thoroughly rinsing.
- Once you've rinsed, use your two-bucket hand wash technique (one shampoo bucket, one rinse bucket, with Grit Guards) to wash the remaining residue off your paintwork, glass and trim.
- We recommend the use of a soft microfibre wash mitt.
- Thoroughly rinse all areas after hand-washing.
- If you find any remaining residue marks after rinsing the shampoo from your two-bucket wash, use a Water Spot Remover, before buffing your car dry with a high-quality, plush drying towel.
- If you have very soft paint, it may be worth investing in a pet hair dryer or similar, as these eliminate hand-drying all together and will blow dry your car.
If you require any further tips or product advice, feel free to contact us, or visit our walk-in car care superstore in Aldershot, Hampshire. Tel: 0330 22 33 777
The Clean + Shiny Team.